Monday, November 17, 2008

Convoluted Trip Home!

I am safe at home after a convoluted trip home from Norfolk.

For some reason, our new travel system(lowest bidder?) routed a couple of us thru DC, Chicago to Seatac. It made for a long day. Left the hotel at 0400. Had to turn in the rental car and then caught a 0612 flight to Dulles. There, some of my coworkers caught a flight straight to Seatac. Larry and I had about two hours to wait, so it was a good time to get some coffee and breakfast. Arrived a half hour early into Chicago where we met up with somemore of my coworkers who had a later flight from Norfolk straight to Chicago. All worked out well as the flight from Chicago to Seatac arrived a half hour early again. A miracle happened at Seatac, my luggage was waiting on the baggage claim when I got there. This has never happened before with United! I was more concerned that my luggage would be lost. I picked up my car and with only mild congestion on I5, arrived home at 1600.

Why did I put up with this? Several reasons. 1) More frequent flyer mileage, 2) More travel comptime, 3) Did not travel with most of my coworkers! :-)

I hope to post some pics of the large rattlesnake that we saw in North Carolina if I can get them from Larry.

No comments: