Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Yardwork.

I will admit that I really do not like doing yard work. But I do it anyway, and usually like how it looks when I am done. This was the case after two days of cleaning up some landscaping.

There is an area in my back yard next to the deck where the previous owner planted two rose bushes and two shrubs. But he did not finish what he started. There was no barrier between the grass and the shrubs. The grass had crept into the area and I was hegligent at keeping the weeds out. The previous owner also installed a sprinkler system behind the shrubs but he laid the pipe directly on the ground. And of course, a low point froze and broke the pipe a couple of years ago.

So I started a project yesterday. I put in scalloped concrete barrier bricks and cleaned the sod and weeds out of the flower beds. I also buried about 50 feet of sprinkler piping and rerouted it under the deck structure by cutting and installing more fittings. I covered the whole area with bark. Looks good. But since it is in my fenced in backyard(aka "The Compound") it is not seen by many people.

It is really nice to have the sprinkler system buried and out of sight too. To bad I can't use it!

And I still had time to ride the bicycle 22miles today and wax on the boat for an hour!

Almost complete, I like it!
Nice barrier between the grass and the beds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, low maintenance gardening is best.