Monday, January 24, 2011

The Great Bronco Engine Transplant- Separating The Engine and Transmision

Since I am still waiting for the critical transmission adapter piece, there has not been much going on with the engine transplant. Also, my back has been causing me a lot of pain for several weeks and I did not feel like doing much. My back has been feeling better lately, so today I did separate the engine and transmission. I bolted the engine to the engine stand. With the engine on the stand, it will be easier to do some work on the engine that I have planned. I wasn't originally planning on buying an engine stand, but Harbor Freight had a 25% off New Year's day sale, so the engine stand became a very cheap item to buy. This allowed me to fold up the legs on the engine hoist and park it out of the way and clear some additional floor space in the garage.



Without being able to work on the Bronco, I have also been spending some time on cleaning up the garage and clearing off my work area. I consolidated and stored a lot of my spare parts. Some things have not been unpacked since I moved four years ago. I ended up with several empty large plastic totes. I also bought plastic "shoebox" containers to organize small tools and other items. One of my main goals was to clear as much off the floor as possible and either find a locker to store it in or hang it from the ceiling or off the wall. I installed a hanger for the yard tools and put up hooks to hang the bicycle work stand, excess sailboat lines and extension cords. I was fairly successful and did clear up a lot of floorspace. I can actually see the top of the work bench now!

No comments: