Monday, December 3, 2012

And Now For Something Really Self Promoting...

Last night was the Yacht Clubs Christmas party and business meeting. I boycotted the event this year. A friend brought me the final race awards that I had accumulated. Here is most of what I won in 2012. The turkey is not here. Neither is the perpetual West Sound Sailing Association trophy. And I forgot to add the third place Shaw Island Classic plaque. Most of this stuff is useful: the bags are great for carrying stuff to the boat, the travel mug for ...well...drinking coffee in the car, and the blue mugs are great except I already have about twenty of them!

But more than the usefulness or not of all these items is the memories that each one represents. There were great races where we made good decisions, sailed fast and left the fleet behind. There were races where we made bad decisions and did not do so well. There were races where we were far in the lead only to have conditions change and lose our lead. There were sunny days with  good winds. Rainy days, some with lots of wind and some with no wind. There were also days of no wind and scorching sunshine beating down on our heads.

Along with the memories are the times racing with others on the boat and working like a team. Thanks to all that raced with me in 2012!

No comments: