Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Pony Car Project-More Glitz!

With the Pony Car, there is always something to spend money on. A few weeks ago, I a friend was riding in the Mustang and they commented how the shoulder harness rubbed on their neck and I should have a pad for the strap. I didn't think much of the suggestion until I too noticed that the strap rubbed on my neck. One of my Internet sources says it this way: "Harness belts have a tendency to rub against your neck and or shoulders causing a minor annoyance while driving." I too found it to be minor. None of my trucks have this problem, so I assumed that because the Mustang is low, the angle of the strap is different.

So, I did a search on Ebay and found some shoulder harness pads for an inexpensive price. And of course, they had the traditional Mustang name and logo embroidered on them. Might as well have glitzy looking ones!

They arrived today and of course I installed them and tried them out. Very comfortable! But I probably would not have bought them until the friend suggested them. Chances are that that friend will probably not ride in the Mustang again so they will never know how nice they are.
Nicely embroidered with the traditional Mustang logo and name. This matches the logos on the floor mats and hatch carpet.  
Easily adjustable to fit where they should. 
A little more "glitz" added to the interior.

No comments: