Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pacific Marine Expo 2013

Wednesday,  I went to the Pacific Marine Expo in Seattle. This is a show for the marine/fishing industry to check out the latest equipment and services that vendors have to offer. Each year I receive a free ticket and attend. I like to see what is new and wish that some of it was available when I was working. It is interesting to talk to some of the vendors that are selling equipment that I used to design installations for. I had a really good discussion with a vendor who performs laser scanning of machinery rooms and develops 3D CAD models of the piping systems. This was something that was talked about when I worked, but never implemented. 
 
I caught the 0845 ferry from Bremerton and was at the show, picked up my ID and was on the floor shortly after the 1000 opening time.

I made a quick trip of it and was on the 1235 ferry after stopping at Ivars for lunch. YUM!
 The displays fill the floor of the Century Link Field Event Center.
 Lots of equipment to look at. Wednesday was the first day of three that the show was open. There was a good turnout early in the day.
This is a General Electric 12V250 diesel engine. This is not the largest diesel engine I have been close to or worked on, but it was impressive that this engine was on display at this show. It can produce 4690 HP. Is about 10 feet tall, 14 feet long and weighs 44,500 lbs. It was by far the largest diesel engine displayed at the Pacific Marine Expo this year..
 

No comments: