Friday, January 29, 2010

Video Test

Today I purchase a new camcorder. The last one that I bought(and still own) was purchased in 1994 and it used something called 8 mm tape for the storage media.

The new camcorder is a Flip, Mino HD. Of course it is solid state with 8GB of storage for 120 minutes of recording. It is very small, but seems to take good video. Some people questioned how good they shoot in low light and some say that the non-HD unit is nowhere near as good as the HD unit. So, I bought the HD model. I have a waterproof bag ordered for it too.

The downside of the HD unit seems to be the size of the files, they take a long time to download to Blogger. My video skills are worse than my photography skills, so stay tuned!


The Flip, Mino is very small, literally fits in the palm of my hand!



Sample video!

2 comments:

Dave and Ava said...

Santa gave me one of these too at Christmas. Agreed on the file sizes and I try to keep video's short at 30-45 seconds, and it's good for that. Try plugging into the USB port on TV to play the HD video's back. Look at getting some easy video editing software, like Microsoft Movie Maker or other free ones, and then you can assemble the clips and burn a DVD. I'm just getting used to mine, and it sure it tiny!

Dan said...

I did plug it into my HD tv and it works great. I have not tried to put videos together yet. I think I mentioned that I have a waterproof bag on order that is made to just fit the MINO. That should work well on the boat.

I did not take it, but I posted a video on my Facebook page for my racing team, "Great White Racing" taken during a breezy race.