Sunday, February 13, 2011

Typical Afternoon Bicycle Ride

Today we had a bit of a break in the weather after yesterdays storm, so I took the opportunity for a bicycle ride. After church and after working on the V8 engine, I took the road bike out for a typical ride out Illahee Rd, Ogle Rd, Military/Walker Roads, Central Valley to Scandia and return through Brownsville and Illahee Rd to home. This is a 21.76 mile ride and very hilly. The temperature got up to 52 and it only rained for a few minutes as I neared home.

Even though it is still cool out, a fast ride like I did today is exhilarating. I often go out even in freezing temperatures. Something good must be happening, my blood pressure and pulse are still low.
The distance: 21.76 miles.
The time on the bike: 1hr, 31minutes, 0 seconds.
Average speed: 14.3 miles/hour. This is low and I should be able to raise it eventually to at least 16 miles/hour. The hills on my route really cut into the average.
And my maximum speed on a short, steep downhill: 41.0 miles/hour.

No comments: