Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years 2013

New Years! A time when people set resolutions, look for a new start, and  have a time to celebrate the coming of the new year. Well, I did not go to any parties and I really have not set any resolutions, but I do have one thing I would like to work at changing this year.
 
For New Years Eve, I stayed home. I worked for a couple of hours on a video, watched a movie and since I rarely am asleep by midnight, I layed in bed and watched the TV coverage of the Space Needle fireworks. The neighbors did shoot off fireworks and someone that lives in the woods just west of me had a very impressive display of rockets and mortars. My neighbors on my street were really quiet. They usually set off a lot of fireworks. The cat was not as freaked out as he usually is on these nights. Really wild evening eh!
 
In the morning I was up at my usual 0600. After breakfast and taking care of some house work, I watched the coverage of the Rose Parade for a while and then went to the Sharis Restaurant New Years Day Car Show. This is similar to the Tuesday evening shows that are run during the spring and summer. There was a lot of cars, as many or more than in the Summer. It was a perfect day for it, it was very sunny and somewhat cool. There was a lot of cars that I had not seen before and it appeared that some groups came from out of town. I ran into some old friends there too.
 
After a couple of hours at the car show, I went home, got out one of my bicycles and rode to the Brownsville Marina to watch the crazy people run into the water. There was a good turnout and I got some good pictures and video. I rode home the long way through Tracyton and ended up with a ride of about 18miles. Once home, I changed to the Bronco and went to my folks for dinner. Home again in the evening, I completed the Brownsville Marina Plunge video.
 
So there it is, my wild New Years celebration!
 
I spent time on New Years Eve making this video of a ride on the day before.

 There was a lot of cars at Sharis. As many or more than in the summer
 I like this, a nicely restored police car,
 Modern Mustangs lined up displaying their power plants.
 This car had a straight eight Buick engine. Supercharged with dual side draft carbs.
 Mazda Miata with a Ford 5.0 V8 engine. A very clean installation that looked like it could have been factory original. More room around the engine than I thought possible. I did some research and found that this is a common repower and kits are available.

Avery nice day to be looking at cars and meeting up with old friends.

Video of the Brownsville Marina New Years Day Plunge.

No comments: