Monday, January 28, 2013

Seattle Boat Show 2013-"The Boat Show, The Boat Show, The Big Seattle Boat Show"


It is January and time for the boat show. As has been the case for several years, the indoor part of the show is at the Centurylink Event Center and the "in the water" portion is at Chandlers Cove at Lake Union. There is a free shuttle that runs between the two venues.
 
Since I am not in the market for a large boat, I attended the indoor venue. I am usually just looking at accessories and talk to vendors for various concerns about their equipment. But this year I wanted to look at a new sailboat called the J70.
 
I also ran into several acquaintances that I have known for a long time through. I only spent two and a half hours there and caught the 1330 ferry home. No Ivars Fish and Chips today, but I may make another trip to Seattle next week!
 One corner of the event center had small sailboats including the J70 and sailing gear.
 Most of the event center was filled with powerboats, big and small.
 My friend Kevin. The "K" in "DMK".
 How about this? The hot tub boat! Yes, it really is a functioning boat completed with twin screw electric propulsion, joystick control and stereo.
The hot tub boat can be rented on Lake Union or one of your own can be custom built.

No comments: