Friday, January 2, 2015

New Years Day 2015 Car Show At Shari's And The Brownsville Marina Polar Plunge

On New Years Day, I was up at my usual 0600. After breakfast and taking care of some house work, I watched the coverage of the Rose Parade for a while and then went to the Sharis Restaurant New Years Day Car Show. This is similar to the Tuesday evening shows that are run during the spring and summer. It was a very cool but sunny morning. The temperature was about 27 when I left the house and I had to scrape ice off of the windows of the Mustang.  There were a lot of cars, as many or more than in the Summer. There were so many that the event overflowed into the parking lot beyond Taco Bell. There were a lot of cars that I had not seen before and it appeared that some groups came from out of town. The Mustang club was out in force as was a Camaro group and a Corvair club. I ran into some old friends there too. It was a great day for a car show, the temp was cool, but the sun kept everyone warm.

 I used to have a Datsun pick up like this, but without the V8 engine, louvers,flames, big slicks on back, big tubs in the bed, etc...  This was a very well done custom.
 Not your normal street car.
 Nice rat rod! Rat truck?
 The sunny skies brought lots of cars and people out.
 A new 2015 Ford Mustang GT. Very nice!
  The sunny skies brought lots of cars and people out.
 A very nice coupe.


After I went to the car show, I went to the Brownsville Marina where the annual Brownsville Polar Plunge occurs.
 I suppose appropriate apparel is required.
 Five hearty souls lined up for the noon plunge.
 And there they go!
 A quick dip....
And a hasty retreat.

No comments: