Monday, January 12, 2009

Final Retirement Ceremony and Party

On Friday, I attended the Shipyard's retirement ceremony at the Olympic Lodge. I enjoyed it even though I babbled and embarrased myself when I gave a very short speech. Capt Whitney presented the "bling"(gold watch, plaque, tie tack and framed certificate). My parents got a kick out of it. My sister and brother in law could not make it over the passes from eastern Washington.


As part of the final process, I had a retirement social at my house that evening. I invited sailing friends, longtime coworkers and friends from church. Even though only a fraction of the people I invited attended, the house was full! Some retirees were there and they socialized with some of the coworkers they had not seen in a long time. I enjoyed showing off my house to a lot of people who have never been here. Had a lot of leftover food that I took to the food bank this morning.


Also monday morning, I took my father with me and we went to Pass and ID to get my retiree base pass. My dad retired 23 years ago and all he had was an old delaminated ID card. We were able to get him a new up to date card. It was really easy. He was happy!

1 comment:

doug said...

I hope to join you in retirement about June or Jule, even thought there is never a good time. Konichiwa!