Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day 2009

This is the first time that I have been able to watch the process of the inaguration of a new President. Since it is a cold and foggy day here, I stayed glued to the TV until the guests went in to the capital for lunch. I went back to the coverage later to hear that Ted Kennedy had a seizure and had to be taken to the hospital.

I am not going to comments on my political beliefs or thoughts. I did find the process interesting. I do like the comment that this is a peaceful and legal transition of power. We are fortunate that the citizens of our country have the right to elect the new president and the outgoing president steps down after his terms in office. This is history. The interaction between new administration, old administration and past administrations was a unique experiance to witness.

The parade has started with more "pomp and circumstance".

5 comments:

doug said...

I believe too many people here at work streamed the innaugeration on their computers,most of ours ran like cold maple syrup. Mrs. Butterworth would be proud.

Anonymous said...

YO WIERMAN!!!!!!! It's been very dark in here since you haven't been turning on the lights in the morning..

Dan said...

YO COOK!!!! Deal with it!

gerrycammy said...

sounds more like Bauman to me...

smells like a Husky

Dan said...

I know who it is, it's not Bauman. Just did not think he was afraid of the dark! I guess that is what happens when some guys turn 40.