Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Great Bronco Engine Transplant-It's Alive!

Today I started the V8 engine that I installed in the Bronco II. After three busy, long days finishing up a long list of small items, it was a relief to hear it roar to life. And that's what it did! I do not have an exhaust system installed yet and I will take it to a shop to have it installed.

It took only three or four tries of 20 seconds to get it to start. We did not even use any starting fluid or gas. The transmission pops right into gear and I backed up and went forward several times in the parking area. I may go out after dark for a short drive to check the shifting.


Of course, it not longer has a V6 engine, so a rebadging ceremony was needed!
Check out this video!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the project, looks and sounds like it will be great success.

Walter said...

Good job! It's quite satisfying to get a job like that done.