Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Smack Talking

It has been pointed out to me recently that some of my sailing and racing posts have been offensive to some of my competitors by my smack talking and causing animosity. If that is the case, then I apologize.

To rectify this situation, I will curtail posting on some of the races and/or avoid mentioning any of my competitors. That may make the posts sound dry and self centered, but that is all I can think of to avoid offending someone. Hurray for freedom of the press!

I should still be able to write posts about hiking, biking, camping, sking, etc. They should not be offensive to anyone. I doubt if many people read this blog anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never thought of your posts about races as being smack talk. Sorry someone is harassing you. Knowing how much work and time it takes to do a blog and write about racing - I wonder how many races these people that are complaining have written about?

Generally you are only going to hear from the vocal negative people about what you are writing. I usually take that as constructive criticism as well as making me feel good that people are actually reading what I am writing. Take their comments as constructive, not personal and keep doing what you like doing.

Dan said...

Ben. Thanks for the support.
I will probably lay low for a while on what I write.
I have often thought that my blog lacks the "wit" and "sarcasm" that a lot of popular blogs have. But I did not realize how little "wit" and "sarcasm" it takes to set some people off. When I am accused of creating animosity, then I give up.