Monday, November 5, 2012

My Political Rant

This is my first(and hopefully last) political rant. Since I got into trouble commenting on my sailing competitors, I bet I can REALLY get into trouble commenting on the current political scene.

Well folks, by this time tomorrow we should know the outcome of some of the most important elections. Some will be happy, and some will be distraught that their candidate or measure did not pass. I will be glad when this election cycle is over. The ads on TV, the letters to the editor, the mailings and phone calls(that I don't answer). I am sick of it!

I am amazed at how emotions run rampant during this time. Some people who I know that profess to be anti violent, anti hate, only speak nicely of others type people are often the ones who write and speak very derogatory comments about people of a different political bent than theirs. Just because someone votes a different party line does not make all their views wrong.

My voting was completed a couple of weeks ago, shortly after I received the ballot. How I voted is personnel, so I will not say how I voted. But even though I vote mainly along a specific party line, I also vote for the individual who I feel has the best experience or platform that meets my beliefs regardless of the political party they belong to. Afterall, I am selfish and mainly am concerned with how the elections affect me!

The following links are videos from King 5 TV. They are part of a series by their political reporter, Robert Mak. He runs a series called AdWatch where he does fact checks on some of the attack ads from some of the candidates. These are from the Governor and Attorney General races. If you have time, these are pretty interesting and show how some of the political ads really stretch the truth.
Attack Ads Against Rob McKenna

Regan Dunn-Missed Votes and Persian Rugs

Jay Inslee

Bob Ferguson and the death penalty

Rant Over!

No comments: