Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pacific Marine Expo 2012

Today  I went to the Pacific Marine Expo in Seattle. This is a show for the marine/fishing industry to check out the latest equipment and services that vendors have to offer. Each year I receive a free ticket and attend. I like to see what is new and wish that some of it was available when I was working. It is interesting to talk to some of the vendors that are selling equipment that I used to design installations for.
 
I made a quick trip of it today and was on the 1235 ferry. No stopping at Ivars for lunch today either.
 
The show takes up the entire first floor of the Centurylink Event Center. Seminars are on the mezzanine.
This is a MTU, 1000 hp diesel. Probably the largest at the show.
The exhibitors are eager to hand out all kinds of "freebies" to advertise their products. I like to pick up a lot of the stuff. Some is really useful, some is just silly.
Everyone needs a diesel engine stress relieving squeeze toy.
This is a sample section of non skid, cushioned deck mat. This is very shock resistant and I thought the salesperson said that a similar product was used in military vehicles. But what I found interesting is that the riser sections are made by Nike. Yes the shoe company! This company then glues the non skid mat onto the riser sections.
This is for Dave C. He is fascinated with John Deere tractors and John Deere "Green". Sorry to disappoint you, but the marine diesel engines are actually painted white(there is a reason for that) and their logos are black.

No comments: