Monday, February 16, 2009

Delivery From Olympia to Brownsville

After another night on the boat, I got underway at 0630 on sunday morning. It was cold, 28 degrees with frost on the deck, but clear and calm. After about an hour, the wind started blowing and the sky clouded over. It got really cold and I bundled up, even putting on the motorcycle goggles, they helped a lot. I had an eye problem a couple weeks ago and my eyes are sensitive to the wind and cold.


The Narrows was ebbing at about 3knots and made for a fast trip except the wind was also blowing against the current at abou 25knots and created a nasty chop that really slowed the boat down. All the way up Colvos Pass it was really sloppy with lots of water coming over the boat. Fortunatly by the time I reached Brownsville, the winds had abated to about 7knots. That made docking easier. I arrived at the marina about 1425, not a slow passage.




The new and old Narrows Bridges.

1 comment:

gerrycammy said...

Wow! Sounds like a ride!

I checked the race results, too bad you didn't get that kind of wind yesterday.

It was windy down here today too... about 15 kts out of the north, and 65 degrees. We rented a boat and took a good cruise along the intercoastal. Saw dolphins!