Wednesday, April 22, 2009

House and Motorcycle Deals

This week has been turning out to be busy.

Yesterday I bought my house, again. Well, not really bought it, but I did complete a refinance on the loan. I could not pass up the decrease in interest rates. It was one year ago that I had last refinanced and the rate I got was 1% lower. The clock now resets and I am back to a 30year(or less) payoff schedule. Since I have only lived here for 2-1/2 years, the time does not really make a big differance. Pretty amazing, it only took three weeks from the day I applied to the signing. The payments are now lower than what it would cost me to rent a nice apartment. And I still have my "homeport" to come home to.

I like living here. The neighborhood is quiet and I have my privacy here with trees around my property. And yet, I get plenty of sun through the day.


Then today I sold the Honda motorcycle. I put it on Craigslist last week. This was my first experiance with Craigslist and I was suprised at the interest that was shown. Many people answered and the third person to look at it bought it. He was extremely happy. I was a little sad to see it go and whenever I sell something I worry that it will work out for the buyer and not cause them trouble. I owned that motorcycle for 27 years this month. Almost every mile I put on it. On the plus side, I started building back up my savings account with the proceeds from the sale and now I have more room in the garage.

I rode the Honda up the driveway to load on a trailer and after only two weeks of riding the Buell, I was amazed at how small and differant the Honda felt. So, I rode the Buell to the bank and was happy at how comfortable it feels already.


No comments: