Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick Ride to Port Townsend

This morning, the house appraiser arrived at 0930 to appraise the house for a refinance I am going through. As soon as he left, I was on the motorcycle to Port Townsend. It was another fantastic clear day.

As soon as I was across the Hood Canal floating bridge, I turned right and went through Port Ludlow and on towards Hadlock. I like that route with views of Admiralty Inlet and the Cascades beyond. Near Hadlock, I turned right and went onto Marrowstone Island and rode to Fort Flagler State park.

Mount Baker from Fort Flagler State Park

I then retraced my route to Hadlock and continued into Port Townsend. I walked the streets for a while, went to the book store again, out on Union Wharf and was tempted by the smells coming out of the Waterfront Pizza. Got back on the bike and went to Point Hudson Marina to see who was there. I will be there in early May on the boat. Headed home and took a back road from Port Ludlow on Teal Lake RD. It was warm (mid 60's) and clear all day. Logged about 115 miles. That is the farthest I have ridden a motorcycle in a lot of years.

One mystery I have is: I can ride a bicycle all day without getting a sore behind and yet a few hours on the motorcycle becomes uncomfortable. I am still considering a new motorcycle. The one I have has been dependable, but it's age and lack of available parts concerns me. I have more destinations to ride to.

No comments: