Friday, February 12, 2010

Brownsville to Olympia 1-11 to 1-12-2010

Arrived in Olympia about 1200 today. I left from Brownsville about 0930 on Thursday and motored to Gig Harbor. Tied up to the city dock at Jerisch park. It rained hard most of the day. Played tourist a little in Gig Harbor, but with the rain, it was nice to hang out in the boat and read.

Got underway from Gig Harbor at about 0700. Again, it rained hard all day and was cold. The current was ebbing during my run and was slow going through the Narrows. Still arrived at Olympia around 1200. Still not a bad delivery.

I did have issues with the autopilot. Like the time we returned from the Duwamish Head Race, the autopilot would lose its data input. I hand steered most of the way today. This appeared mainly when I was heading westerly and worked fine when heading south. I suspect the compass is acting up. I have an extra fluxgate compass onboard and will get it ready to install if the autopilot acts up on the way home.

Toliva Shoal Race tomorrow!

Approaching Olympia.
View of the capital building from Percival Landing.

Percival Landing.



1 comment:

doug said...

Hello Dan-san,
Your photo "approaching Olympia" has a side view of a building which reminds me of the Hotel New Yokosuka. It looks like the side with the stairwells that the outside laundry is on. Was the race a little longer that antipicated?