Friday, February 3, 2012

Seattle Boat Show-Jan 25

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I went to the Seattle Boat Show again this year on Wednesday. As usual, the show is held at the Century Link Event Center(aka "The Clink") and the in-the-water portion was held at the south end of Lake Union at Chandlers Cove. I only went to the Clink. There were boats at Chandlers Cove that I wanted to look at and the at Clink were all the vendors for the "stuff" that I wanted to look at.

This year a vendor left me a ticket at "will call". So after catching the 0945 ferry from Bremerton, I was in the door of the show a few minutes after the 1100 opening. I wandered around, talked to some people I know and checked out some products that I was interested in.

One vendor (who I have sailed with) builds and markets a cool device that allows data from your boats instruments to be transmitted wirelessly to "i"devices(phone, pad, touch) and with the apps available to navigate and evaluate performance from on deck. Very cool!

After a quick trip through the show, I headed back to the ferry dock to head home. I did take a side trip to Ivar's for the best fish and chips in the world!

 Most of the boats in the "Clink" were powerboats. And large ones too!
Andy S hard at work at his booth.

No comments: