Monday, September 30, 2013

BAD Was Bad At Brownsville This Year.

It was BAD at the Brownsville Marina on Saturday.  Before you think that something was amiss, "BAD" stands for Brownsville Appreciation Day and the slogan is "Bad Is Good". It is sort of a community fair for the Brownsville community at the marina. The marina was open to the public along with vendors, a classic car show, classic boat show, live music and eats.

What made this BAD so bad was record setting rain and winds all day. I went down for a short visit. I walked out on the breakwater to view the classic boats. Then a trip along the vendors, many who were unsuccessfully trying to stay dry. I drove up the hill to the car show where only 20 or so of diehard car owners were showing their cars. I thought about showing the Mustang, but I did not want to stay all day. Unfortunately, by the time I left, the crowds had not appeared.

 There were quite a few classic yachts that showed up.
 The vendors had a hard time keeping themselves and their products dry.
The diehard car owners showed up, but not in the numbers that usually attend. The field and parking area is usually packed at this event.

No comments: