Monday, September 23, 2013

Movie Review-The Life of PI

Last week, I noticed that the Blu-ray disc for the "Life of PI" was at Costco for a low price. Since I did not see this movie in the theaters, I bought it. I was sitting at home Saturday night, kind of bored, so I thought it would be a good time to watch it. So down to my home theater for a viewing.
 
Overall, I really liked this movie. The quality of the video was excellent as was the photography and the special effects. The musical score was good and nice to listen to on my surround sound.
 
I am reluctant to say much about the plot for fear of ruining it for someone. But here goes. PI (you will have to watch this movie to know how he got this name) was a young boy raised on his fathers Zoo in India. As he grew, and became a teen, his family decided to move to Canada. They loaded their animals and themselves onto a ship for the voyage. In the Pacific Ocean, the ship foundered with PI and some of the animals the only survivors. One of the surviving animals was a full grown Bengal Tiger named Richard Parker. The movie moved to one of survival, faith and surrender.
 
I was especially moved when the Tiger(now the only surviving animal) tried to get onto the boat after a swim and could not. PI took pity on him and helped him even though the Tiger was more interested in eating PI. The Tigers eyes showed his fear and his hope for salvation instead of hope for a meal. As time went on, the two learned to live together.
 
I would recommend this movie.




No comments: