Sunday, December 21, 2008

It Could Be Worse #2

Yesterday afternoon the "big" storm hit. The Kitsap area was predicted to havs 4-16 inches and high winds. The snow started yesterday around 1400 and snowed all night, followed by a thin crust of freezing rain. I measured the new snow at a little over 6". The accumulated totals are 7 1/2-8. The winds did not blow here, the destructive winds were over at Enumclaw and North Bend area where it blew sustained at 50 mph with gusts to 70.

The street is well covered and the kids are using it as there sledding track. I will probably go out and try skiing again.

The snow could continue for a few more days with accumulations of 2-4". The bad thing is that it is warming tomorrow and we will see a cycle of melting during the day and freezing at night.

Friday was slick going to work, and I did a spin with the Bronco, but did not hit anything. The roads were mainly ice. Today, I went out for breakfast and church and the snow is dry enough and the temp cool enough that it was really pretty easy to get around. Not many people at church.
The Shipyard started 2 hours late on Friday, but the announcement was not made until after I left the house. Wondered why nobody was at work. My checkout hearing test was first thing in the morning and I had to wait an hour before someone showed up.


No comments: