Monday, December 22, 2008

It Could Be Worse #3

It snowed most of Sunday and on Monday morning this is the accumulated snowfall since Thursday, about 10 inches. Just short of having to find a yard stick to measure with. The forecast is for some warming and decreasing snow showers turning to rain showers. Still sounds like it may take awhile to get rid of the accumulated snow. Some snow showers predicted thru Christmas.

Now why am I home taking pictures instead of at work during my last few days at work? Sunday night the Shipyard announced that work would be curtailled for Monday except for essential services(who are these people?). The announcenent came at the right time, I was just going to make Monday's lunch. In my 31 years of working at the Shipyard, I do not remember a complete shutdown due to weather. May sound funny, but I really need to go to work this week, I have to complete my retirement checkout and finish cleaning out my cubicle. Still have a little work to finish, but that is not as important anymore. I guess Keyport has shut down too. I wonder about a friend that commutes to Everett.......?

With all the new snow yesterday, I was able to x-country ski around the neighborhood and around the roads of Illahee State Park. Actually put in about 3 miles.


2 comments:

Scott said...

We were wondering how the weather might affect your check out. Those people responsible for letting you retire would seem to be essential to me. Happy Holidays!!

Dan said...

I solved the weather issue for checking out, I completed it today. The admin people were concerned too about having another closure tomorrow. When I was turning in my badge, the lady at pass and ID said that she had already processed eleven and I knew there was more behind me. I am now retired(or at least on leave thru the 2nd).