Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I always thought that it would be fun to have a blog as a way to communicate my activities to family and friends especially during out of town trips. I have visions of being on the road and on the water a lot in the future and a blog would be a good "travel log" for those that read it and a form of journal for myself. Many of the blogs that I read are informative and are journals of daily activities and "travel logs". Comments to my blog are a way to know if anyone even reads it. Unfortunately I have been getting some inappropriate comments.

Therefore, I have activated "comment moderation". What this means is that anytime a comment is posted to my blog, I get to screen it first and I can reject the inappropriate comment or user. Most users will only notice that their comments may not show up immediately or maybe not at all. Anonymous comment posters may be at risk of being rejected.

Hopefully this will rectify the situation. If it doesn't then the next step will be to require a log in process for friends that want to even read the blog. I really do not want to do that!

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience and I look forward to your comments.

11 comments:

gerrycammy said...

Did you know you can update your blog via cell phone?

So long as your phone allows you to send text and photos to an e-mail address, all you have to do is send them to an e-mail address that you setup through blogger.

I gotta say, it'd be pretty cool to read virtual logbook entries, that you're posting from Satelite in the middle of one of the worlds oceans.

Sorry to hear you've had annoying comments. Good call on moderation, aside from 'anonymous' a while back (i.e. Cook), we haven't had much problem.

Dan said...

Remember, I am the slide rule guy. I don't have a camera phone. I think my phone will text, but I never have. I am due a new phone(two year plan) and have been thinking about a "smart phone". Have to see how the finances end up, I am still on interim pay(about 60% estimated monthly pay).

Oh, and Bauman struck as anonymous at least once, but his was not too annoying.

The O'Sheas said...

Was this a random thing? I haven't had any issues with that, but I'll keep it up.

Scott said...

Sorry to hear about the improper comments. I have had a few and just deleted them when they showed up. Had one spammer trying to spread a virus, so I went to the word verification to eliminate those. Is that photo of the prop approved for general release? JK

Dan said...

I had a few issues with some comments. I know who one was and don't want any more from him. A few more were anonymous that I did not want on my posts. I deleted them, but thought it would be better to stop them first.

Scott:
Prop is Khawk

Anonymous said...

"Not too annoying". You tell me what I said that wasn't the truth!
Ok, maybe we have a new Engr that happens to be sitting in your old space, and happened to get the Bio-Hazzard signs removed that were there, but other then that what gives?

Dan said...

Anonymous
What, you want me to say that you were "very annoying"? Thought I was being nice. And now you admit that there IS new engineers?

And what about the "Biohazard" area that you work in?

Now that I know who you are, you are somewhat safe. But don't push it.

I was going to talk to you yesterday, but you were stuck in the other room.

Dan said...

Oh, to answer your question, there are some others that I am screening their comments. Nobody you know.

Anonymous said...

No, the signs in my area say to keep the Bio-Hazzrd OUT!!!!!!

Bio-Hazzrd very very bad.......

Anonymous said...

YO Weirman! Do you need me to talk to some people.. If you know what I mean.

Dan said...

YO! RC! I think I have it under control. Unless Chuck B gets too annoying than maybe I will call you for a hit.