Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another nice day for a ride.

Today was another wonderful day in the NW. We are closing on a record for the most rainless days.

So I decided another ride was in order. This time on one of the road bicycles. I rode out to Poulsbo and made a loop to the Lemolo area, back through Poulsbo, north through Big Valley and returned back on Clear Creek Rd, Sherman Hill Rd, Scandia, Brownsville and finished up with the final 1-1/2 mile climb up the hill out of Illahee to my home off of Sylvan Way. The temps were in the mid 70's. The traffic was light and it suprised me to see quite a few other cyclists on the road. I know how I can go riding during the day during the week, but what's with these other people? Suppose they are retired too?

I felt good during and after the ride except I forgot to take a water bottle. I had it set out, but a last minute change in the bicycle I would be using made me forget it. I had to stop at Poulsbo Waterfront Park and Kitsap Memorial Park to get water.


Total Distance: 48.31 miles

Lemolo Shore Drive between Lemolo and Poulsbo. And look, another cyclist!
Look ma! No hands!

Big Valley Road lined with farms and pastures.


More Big Valley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looking handle bar wraps? I first thought that they were from Ghostbusters. After closer examination appears it's just the way they wrapped around the handlebars.

Dan said...

It is Cinelli "Macro Splash" handlebar tape. If you look at the post from April 20th, you will see the red/black version on another bike.