Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Warning: Motorcycle pictures!

Today I recieved the second part of my order for the top and side cases for the Buell. I recieved the top case a week ago, but they forgot the side cases. So a week later and several emails, I recieved the side cases.

It took me a while to get them installed, mainly because of my clumsiness. Once installed, they are very solidly mounted and are easily removable. All the racks and fastners came with the kit. These cases are standard equipment for the Ulysess XB12Xt which is the "sport touring" bike that Buell markets. So my Ulysess XB12X , "Sport Adventure" bike is now very similar except I have supension and ground clearance for limited fireroad and off road riding too. Taller saddle height too!

Did someone say that Route 66 is partially gravel?

I have never riden a bike with cases or bags, so this will be a new experiance. The first thing I noticed was I have to be careful not to kick the far case when I swing my leg over.

The only other option I can think of next might be the 4inch taller windshield.


The bike is not as clean with the cases installed, but more functional.

4 comments:

Paige and Dave said...

The bike will feel different with the bags loaded for the first few miles but then it will become second nature, kind of like putting on a loaded back pack. For long trips consider packing/wearing only your oldest cloths and as they become unfit to wear buy replacements at the nearest Good Will/Value Village and donating your old cloths before you leave. Cuts way down on packing needs. Dave

Terry said...

Bike looks great, have fun on the road and let me know if you are coming back up to Haida Gwaii.

Anonymous said...

It isn't the speed at which they get installed (you are retired) but the quality of the installation. If your satisfied with the installation that is what is important. Next will be to try them on the road.

Dan said...

I like them already. Lot easier going on errands and having the ability to carry stuff. Really hot today and the last thing I wanted to do was to have to wear a day pack to carry things.

Now I have to figure out how to get on the bike without kicking the side cases. It is a looong way across that bike now! And the saddle height is REALLY high!