Saturday, September 26, 2009

San Juans Cruise-Day 3

I do not have anything exciting to report today. No great scenary or sailing pictures to post.

This morning I got up early and went to the Rocky Bay Cafe for breakfast. I had there breakfast burrito, Yum, it is fantastic.

I got underway at 0715 and motored through the middle of the San Juan Islands. This is a great place to travel with the mountains, forests and small passages. It was a bright sunny warm day with no wind untill I got within a couple miles of Bellingham. I timed the currents well and arrived at 1110. Once again, I struck out on reciprical moorage. A small regatta was underway and all the yacht club moorage was reserved

I walked up to a used marine hardware store, but did not find anything exciting,

I am really not a big fan of Bellingham, The actual town is a long hike from the marina and when I was here last year I went up town and did not find anything I wanted to go back to, Was going to ride the bicycle, but lost interest in that too.

Tomorrow is the handicappers meeting and if it gets over by 1500 I will probably leave and go to Matia or Sucia.

I was thinking today. I came to the San Juans for the first time in 1975 and have returned usually once or twice most years since. In those 34 years, I have gone through just about every pass or channel except for two, Lopez and Mosquito. I have not anchored or moored in every harbor, but have sure made a big dent in the list.

Todays motor through the middle of the San Juan Islands.

No comments: