Wednesday, September 30, 2009

San Juans Cruise - Day 7

I got underway from 0605 from Friday Harbor. The previous evening the weather was pretty wild. It rained very hard. It was interesting to see people heading out to their anchored boats in open dinghys. But the weather had cleared by the time I left. I motored out the San Juan Channel with a swift ebb current. I hoped that the winds would be westerly, but their was no wind in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. It turned into a motor boat trip the whole way. The sun did come out, but it felt cool on the boat. I arrived back at Brownsville at 1525. Not a long run.

Total distance for the cruise: 210 Nautical Miles

I will be home until Friday, when I take the boat to Edmonds for a race there on Saturday. I have a busy day tomorrow taking the racing sails to the boat and the cruising sails home. Also need to do some shopping and buy get a new cell phone to replace the one that fell into the cats water bowl on the second day. Oh well, it was old anyway.

No pictures or tracks today. See "San Juans Cruise - Days 1 and 2" for a similar track to what I did today(only reversed).

No comments: