Tuesday, September 29, 2009

San Juans Cruise - Day 5

After a calm night, the wind pick up to about ten knots from the SW.. I was moored to a buoy on the south side of Spencer Spit. I raise the main and sailed off the buoy and headed north through the narrow pass between Frost Iswland and Spencer Spit. Since I had never been hear before, i alwaqys wondered about this narrow passage. There was lots of water. I had motored through there the night before.

I proceeded down Harney Channel and then through Pole Pass. Pole Pass is also very narrow and some people will not go through it. I themn sailed up Spring Pass to the state park moorage at the north end of Jones Island. I had great winds the entire day.

Looking back at the narrow opening between Spencer Spit(right) and Frost Island (left).
Sailing through Pole Pass.

The moorage at Jones Island State Park.


Track for the day. Approxamatly 12 nm.

No comments: