Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back from Hawaii-Mission Accomplished, Now What?

I returned from Hawaii yesterday. The returning flights were good, nobody in the seat next to me on either the Kona/San Francisco or San Francisco/SEATAC legs. I was able to sleep some and the SEATAC flight arrived 20 minutes early. I was able get rapidly to the train. When I called my folks who were going to pick me up from the ferry, I found out that one ferry was broken and fortunatly I was able to catch the 1000 ferry since I was early.

So what's next? First, the bicyle expo on Saturday in Seattle, then boat races on Mar 20 and 27. Maybe see if the Hurricane Ridge road is open yet to go skiing there. I have a meeting in Bellingham and depending on the weekend, I make take the boat and cruise through Friday Harbor and the San Juans on my way there. If the meeting weekend does not work out, I may plan a cruise to Friday Harbor and the San Juans anyway. I was there several times last year, but have not made it to Friday Harbor in the early spring. Would be a great time to take the bicycle and ride the island again. Would like to take a short cruise to Blake Island this spring too. I know, not far but a good outing and going in the middle of the week is a good time to avoid the crowds. I may not go someplace in the boat every week, but I do put a lot of miles on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appears that you had a good trip.
Believe they reopened Hurricane Ridge for traffic about a week ago.