Thursday, July 9, 2009

Columbia River Ramblings-Part 2

As promised, here are some pictures.

Oregon coast.
Cape Meares

Evergreen Aviation and Aerospace Museum, McMinnville, OR. The "Spruce Goose" is in this building.


The "Goose" and I.



I will try to catch up with my journey.

Last I posted, I had left Astoria and was in Tillamook. The ride from Astoria was soggy and windy most of the way. It was still a great ride along the ocean. I camped at Cape Lookout State Park. Finally in the evening, the wind stopped blowing but it stayed cold.

This morning I was underway by 0630. The weather is dry today. I rode the back roads through Pacific Beach and then up the Little Nestucca River Road. It was a great route and a lot nicer road then the days I used to bicycle it. I rode to McMinnville to the Aviation museum. They have the Spruce Goose there although the interior tour is very limited. There are lots of airplanes on display and the second museum is all about rockets and space.

Found my way through Portland and using some McWIFI in Gresham on my way to Multnomah Falls and the Gorge. Spending the night at Maryhill State Park tonight and Sun Lakes tomorrow.

More Pics when I get a chance to download them.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Dave, Rob, Steve and Pat will be in Thorp on Saturday. Stop in if you are in the neighborhood.

Dan said...

Thanks, but i will be heading across the North Cascades on Sat.