Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It is still HOT!

Everyday this week is a little bit hotter. 97 yesterday and 101 today here at my homebase.

Yesterday I took a 22 mile bicycle ride in the morning and thoght I would stop at the boat for a few minutes. I got sidetracked and waxed most of the starboard side of the hull. Even though that only took about an hour, I was really hot by the time I started the last 5 miles from the marina home. Someone said that I looked pale. I drank some water and started home. It was not as bad as I thought it would be except for the one mile climb. It is always nasty! I got home and hydrated well and felt a lot better.

I spent most of the morning inside today and went down to the boat for a short time. It was still hot down there even though the thermometer only said 88. Took a walk down to the state park docks tonight. A light breeze was blowing and it felt comfortable. Lots of people hanging out on the beach and in the water.

This pretty much tells it all. It has been predicting rain for several days though. Strange!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a home recording of 104.5 for about an hour yesterday, wednesday. Verified that it was accurate by checking with weather underground that has a recording station nearby. It hovered around 103.5 for a couple hours either side of the recorded high. With little to no breeze needed to do the islands routine, all tasks completed by noon, then a cool drink sitting in the backyard shade reading. Today will be much cooler just 100 +/-1.