Monday, July 27, 2009

It Is Hot Out!

Warning: There is very little sailing content here.

It is 1600 and the thermometer on the shady side of the house is reading 93 degrees. It is hot out!

I just got back from the boat. I went down there to take a few measurements for a project I am working on. Then I noticed the brush I use for washing the hull. So, I washed the starboard side(the side next to the dock) in preparation for waxing. I couldn't stop there, so I scrubed the decks to clean off the dust and pollen that has accumulated. Looks nice again.

It was hot on the dock, but really hot at home. So to cool off, I made a large blended ice mocha in the blender. Later tonight I will make one of my fantastic mixed fruit smoothies! Yum.

A few times today, I wondered how my ex-coworkers were fairing in the stuffy building where we worked. But, as I sipped my cold, blended, ice mocha, I did not wonder for very long. I am glad I don't work in that building anymore. I am also glad I did not have an answer when Alan ask me "what can we do to keep you from retiring?" Maybe if I would have said "an ice mocha every day, and a window office with AC unit"..... :-)

Blended ice mocha. And a good use for those large mugs that I have been recieving lately as awards for winning sailboat races! I now have a set of four and may recieve another in August from a race I won a year ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a nice breeze most of the day north of where you are. It was a cool 91 around 4:30PM. Now it has cooled off to a respectable 81. That concrete bunker you used to work in will be a pizza oven by thursday and it won't cool down for weeks.

Dan said...

Yes, we used to moonlight selling large combo pizzas in the summer.

And being in that building during the last earthquake convinced me to spend the minimum amount of time possible there.

More good reasons for retirement!

doug said...

Here in building 290 it reached 86 and above in some cubicles. All doors and windows are open. The 270branch head took hourly readings with a heat gun. As I refilled my 32 ounce water bottle "Thirsty Two Ouncer" I managed to snatch a few ice cubes from the refrigerator. I was nice and refilled the trays each time.

Dan said...

That's interesting, one of my ex co-workers said "Yo Dan.... It's not to bad, they replaced the windows and put in those "drop-in" AC units so it really helps."

I am still glad that I don't work in that "pizza oven" anymore. I have enough trouble trying to keep the house from getting too hot.

doug said...

Good looking drink. UMMMM.